Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Days of Beach - Liora and Sam Reunite

In early August, Liora and I packed up the car and headed for the Jersey Shore, to rendezvous with DeeDee, then be joined by Aunt Gabi and Sammy, Uncle Paul and Leo, and cousins Heather, Jeff, Lane, and Conor (in that order).

We left daddy at the townhouse to pack everything up (I really did do a lot of packing before I left, I promise) and move it back to our house--which incidentally was still being worked on by the construction crew. For the moment, Liora and I lived in ignorance of what was going on back in Bethesda (i.e., no house to return to), and enjoyed the beautiful weather and beach times in Brigantine, New Jersey, just north of Atlantic City.

The first day, Liora and I met up with DeeDee and got eveyrthing settled in the house. Liora did very well in the four hour car ride there; she napped, then we had a picnic at a rest stop, and she watched some Elmo on the portable dvd player. We got to the house, had a look around, and had a nice seafood meal with DeeDee.

The next day, DeeDee drove to the Philly airport to pick up Gabi and Sam. Liora was thrilled to see Sam. Sam was a little unsettled by his cousin who was up in his face as soon as he arrived. They seemed to get over that relatively quickly!

Here, Liora and Samy are jumping on the bed after coming back from the beach and getting showers. They did this almost every day together, screaming and jumping and being crazy.

And here they are chasing each other up and down the hallway at the rental house. This also occurred fairly often! I think they both enjoyed having a cousin there of about the same age.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I love this video and picture. So cute cousins!

    ReplyDelete