Monday, June 25, 2012

New Name

Well, our blog has a new name: Life with Liora and Kaya! And with the new addition, comes a new look as well. I hope that I get back in the swing of things with keeping this blog up...I've been absent for too long.

We started Liora's blog 6 or 7 months in, so I'm glad that with Kaya we can document her very first moments in this world.


Connecting over our second child status.

Hooked up in the NICU. These came off fast, and she came home when I did.





And now, some photos of Liora, so you can compare!




Kaya came four weeks early, just as I knew she would. On Friday before her Monday brith, I insisted to Adam that I go get a pedicure, since I knew I would be giving birth soon and I didn't want to have ugo toes for the next month.

What I didn't know is that my water had broken some time that day. I spent the weekend wondering if I should go get it checked out, and deciding against it. On Monday's doctor appointment, I was sent immediately to the hospital--they wanted me to get those contractions started. So Adam and I headed home and pulled ourselves together. This time we were a bit more prepared. I actually had a bag packed, and the car seat installed. We did not have a name chosen at this point!

At the hospital, petocin brough on my contractions. They upped it and upped it until they were about a minute apart. That's when I got an epidural and made Adam agree with me on the name; Kaya came 20 minutes later.

I was worried about Kaya because the risk of infection was high because of my water being broken for so long. She was whisked away to the NICU, just like Liora had been. This time I was a bit more ready for it, and ready to make sure that we avoided some pitfalls that had kept Liora in the hospital.

We were so happy that Kaya was healthy, and rocked her way out of the special care unit. Our beautiful girl came home with us a few days later, and has been healthy and growing rapidly ever since.

This post comes two months after she was born; I'll try to post more to bring us more up to date over the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment