In June, we lost power for longer than a day, in extreme heat. The derecho crazy storm hit one night, and it scared me a lot! I woke up, grabbed the baby, woke up Liora, and pulled us all into the bathtub. I was a bit afraid it was a tornado. Adam was his usual self, trying to get a better view of the storm instead of heading for the safety of our tub. In the days that followed, we hoped for the best in terms of power. But we just didn't trust in our local electric company. So, we called up Aunt Diane and Uncle George and invited ourselves to their AC-filled house!
School was closed due to loss of power, and I was still on maternity leave. So, I spent a few days trying to fill them with fun things for Liora to do!
Lunch with cousins
Loving her corn on the cob.
Uncle George babysits Kaya.
painting pottery
Smiley baby!
Jumping at an indoor jumpy house place
After 5 days (!), our power returned and we went back to the house. When it came back on, I think I cried a bit. We are so lucky to have family around that we can turn to when the going gets tough. Thanks DiDi and George! You helped make a difficult time very enjoyable. And made us all feel very welcome.






No comments:
Post a Comment