Friday, May 23, 2014

Liora's Soccer - Spring 2014

Yesterday, a friend of mine showed me a video. We gave them some of our baby clothes; her daughter Amelia was wearing a Grasheim outfit and trying to crawl. My memory jogged--we had the same video! Liora in the same outfit, trying to crawl. I went directly to this blog to share the video with my friend…and then spent the next hour reliving the wonderful memories we've created (and documented) over the past 4+ years.

Then the guilt set in. I haven't posted for a LONG TIME.  I had sort of given up on doing this. It takes a long time. It's a lot of work. I'm sort of busy. 

But then I said to myself, "Alison, get to it! Keep it up! Think of what you'll want to remember in four more years."

And so, here is an attempt at a new jumpstart. I'm not making any promises, but I'll try. :)

Liora did soccer this spring, joining a team at the local Y. We were the youngest and smallest team; most games we didn't score a thing. But she loved it this time around, and looked forward to practice and game every week. 

The big news is that she scored the first goal of the season, one of two for the entire season, and she did it WITH PURPOSE. I missed it, but Adam reports she took control of the ball and dribbled it down the field before making the goal. In other words, it was not a "goal by mistake." She can't wait for the fall season.

Here, she demonstrates her great kick!

At the last game, her sister was there to cheer her on.

Aren't they so cute?!?

Go team!

Actually, it was "go red rockets!"

We got special soccer cookies.

And a trophy celebrating her big year!

Our team of 4-year-olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment