Friday, January 4, 2013

The Zoo...not the one at our house, but the one with baby cheetahs

Continuing our whirlwind week of daytrips, we spent the following day at the National Zoo. Mommy was super excited, because I had heard that the baby cheetahs would be out and on display.
 
We started the day off right, with colored waffles! I believe Sam's was blue, Leo's was green, and Liora's was pink...fun times. I love the photos of the three of them at the counter.

We found out after getting to the zoo that only members could view the baby cheetahs. With minutes left in the cheetah's outdoor time, I raced to the membership booth to join so we could all see these little guys. It was so worth it. The baby cheetahs were adorbs, and the kids loved seeing them rumble around the yard.

It's like we're on the Serengeti.

Liora looking cute in her double ponies, Sam loving his new cheetah.

Another money shot.
 
Dueling red strollers. Liora holding the cheetah I got each of the kids as a commemoration of our visit. Liora has since named hers "Racer" and he goes with her everywhere.

Everybody: "CHEETAH!"

That evening, Gabi left to go meet Paul downtown for a date night. We had the boys, and Sam wasn't too happy to see mommy leaving. What made his frown turn upside down? Bubbles of course!


Nothing like blowing bubbles in your diapers to lighten a mood.

Look at that face, pure joy!


Leo eventually came out to join in the fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment