Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Electricity, How do I Love Thee?

Yes, we were one of the over 200,000 households who lost power this past weekend when a freak storm with winds of 80mph hit DC and suburban Maryland. Luckily, the heatwave broke when the storm came, so although this was inconvenient (and we lost some good ice cream), it really wasn't that bad.

We are behind in posting...it's been over a week! We apologize to our loyal fans. Last week was busy, and then without power, we couldn't post. So here are a few photos from that time period to bring you up to date.

Last week, we went to dinner with Saba. Liora was VERY interested in all of our food. Here she is looking like dinner is hers.

Last weekend we took care of our doggy friend Stackhouse. Thanks to him and fellow office dog Locksley, Liora has no fear of dogs. She LOVES them. (She befriended a 160 lb. newfoundland this weekend and everyone was astounded at her bravery.) Anyway, Stacks came with us to the playground; kept Liora clean with lots of licks; and proved his worth by cleaning up the floor after Liora's meals. He can come by anytime! Here they are chilling in the back yard:

And now for toga baby! Frankly, I don't remember why I did this. It is probably because she got soaking wet during dinner (still drinking from a cup, sometimes making a mess), and instead of letting her sit around in a wet dress before bathtime, I wrapped her in a fluffy blanket. So that she could continue walking (still her favorite pastime), I had to tie it toga-style. Here she is in all of her grecian godessness:

No comments:

Post a Comment